This blog is for you to get access on free resources on how to paint with watercolors
Aquarryl Studio is a rich, all-in-one resource for beginners who want to learn how to paint with watercolors. We will be giving you
video demonstrations + email courses + blogs to help beginners on how to paint with watercolors
We will help you grow from zero to pro in easier and more fun ways through step-by-step tutorials in various formats.
Our resources are strategically made to
- equip you with the basic knowledge, skills, and tools to get started and
- give you beginner-friendly avenues where you can enhance those skills.
Enjoy a guided, beginner-friendly creative journey to becoming a pro through these FREE resources on how to paint with watercolors:
how to paint with watercolors: EXCLUSIVE EMAIL COURSES
Learn how to paint with watercolors the right way through self-evaluation and progress-monitoring tools, list of quality supplies, and easy tutorials delivered straight to your virtual mailbox.
free Email Course 1:
Watercolors for Beginners
This exclusive email course
-help you evaluate your relationship with watercolors to make sure they are the right art medium for you
-help you implement proven methods to develop the right learning attitude and make the journey less overwhelming and more enjoyable
-provide a progress-monitoring checklist
- delivers a list of tried and tested watercolor supplies to get you started
- offers holding-you-by-the-hand tutorials on easy-to-paint subjects such as leaves and underwater views
After completing this course, you will unearth your creative potential and become equipped with the right foundational skills, methods, and attitude in mastering watercolor painting!
free Email Course 2:
Mixing Watercolors for Beginners (A Quick-Start Guide)
This course will teach you:
- the concept and application of Color Theory, an essential knowledge that covers everything about color mixing and harmony
- the different ways of mixing watercolors
- how to differentiate color temperatures
- the basic watercolor mixes
This email course will hone your skills in achieving perfectly harmonized color mixes that will breathe life and meaning into your paintings.
how to paint with watercolors: blogs
A series of illustrated step-by-step tutorials with varying degrees of complexity + list of materials used to help you enhance the watercolor painting skills you learned in the courses.
Blog 1: Easy Watercolor Landscape for Beginners
Landscapes are one of an artist’s favorite subjects. It represents nature and nature represents living and sustenance. Mastering easy watercolor landscapes will help you experience the characteristics of watercolors even more to make it less intimidating and more fun!
In this blog, you will learn how to:
- paint different types, shapes, and sizes of leaves more masterfully which is essential because they are almost always involved in landscape painting
- paint monochromatic landscapes and practice creating drama and mood in your pieces
- paint colorful landscapes that will allow you to practice your color mixing skills
Blog 2: Easy Watercolor Flowers for Beginners
Flowers could be the friendliest subject to watercolor beginners. You can paint them in simple, almost abstract ways, but they always come out beautiful.
In this blog, you will:
- learn how to paint a simple rose
- learn how loosely paint a flower wreath (anemone)
- practice painting tropical leaves
- learn the strokes used to create the flowers which can be applied to other subjects
Aside from these two, you can find more informative and instructional blogs on our website.
Everything you learn from this blog will help you become a decent watercolor painter in a short period of time, especially if you stick to a healthy practice schedule. You may surprise yourself with how stunning your paintings will start to look!
how to paint with watercolors: video demonstrations
Get lost in the wealth of video tutorials that help beginners create beautiful paintings by applying simple techniques using the right tools. These are some of what we teach in our workshops, so these are gold!
Playlist 1: Watercolor Wreath for Beginners
Have the confidence to create a vintage, Christmasy, flowery, and leafy wreaths with this playlist. We know that merely achieving its shape is already intimidating. But this set of tutorials will give you enough space to practice using simple techniques in creating near-perfect wreaths!
Playlist 2: Watercolor Landscape for Beginners
Are you ready to learn how to paint gradient sunsets, water reflections, moody and dramatic sceneries, colorful backlit birch tree forests, and stunning winterscapes with watercolors? Then down the rabbit hole you go with this hefty playlist!
Playlist 3: Watercolor Florals and Leaves for Beginners
The tutorials in this playlist will help you create frame-worthy watercolor paintings. You can thank us later once you surprise yourself.
Aside from teaching you the basic strokes and techniques in painting flowers, leaves, wreaths, and bouquets, we will show you how to pull off negative painting.
Playlist 4: Unboxing and Swatching
This playlist packs a lot of value:
- It gives you a glimpse of how to mix colors to achieve different shades of green. This skill makes a dramatic difference in your paintings as shades help create depth, distance, and other effects that imitate reality.
- It contains more negative painting tutorials (among other tutorials) that will change the game for you in the best way.
- It gives a peek at some quality brushes and paints that help you effectively employ watercolor painting techniques.
how to paint with watercolors: book
This precious resource is the culmination of Jovy Merryl’s learnings as she progressed from being a beginner to a pro watercolor painter.
To make the journey easier and more enjoyable for you, she wrote the book A Beginner’s Guide to Watercolor. It is a testament to her abilities as an educator and her understanding of what a beginner needs to continuously develop their skills.
She’s been in your shoes before, so you better believe she can successfully walk you through the journey! You can pre-order it on Amazon.