Why should you use ceramic paint palette?
One of the challenges of watercolor is color mixing. It’s a known fact that it is not always easy and the process of mixing can be tricky and frustrating at times – especially when all we get is a muddy-looking mix!
But there’s no denying that this so called challenge is one of the medium’s charm and appeal and we can’t get enough of those vibrant, transparent mix.
importance of mixing palette
The mixing palette is an unsung hero of watercolor painting for the following reasons;
- This is the first contact of water and paint together.
- It’s where you’ll mix your color choices that you will later on paint on your paper.
- This is where you’ll estimate the consistency of your paints.
- Lastly, good watercolor palette can help you achieve luminous mix and avoid watercolor mud!
why choose ceramic paint palette?
I have hundreds of reasons why I love using ceramic palette but here are some that will surely win your heart as well;
- Ceramic paint palette improves the performance of your paints. Because of its coating, you won’t see water beading on it-I hate it when I can’t mix my colors properly because of the beading. It helps a lot that on porcelain, pigments stick together resulting in a beautiful mix of vibrant color.
- Ceramic paint palettes are very sturdy and designed for years of consistent use.
- In case you are still not convinced about ceramic. Cleaning this kind of palette is much easier too. And best of all, it doesn’t stain!
There’s no going back once you try painting with a ceramic palette.
Jovy x Jas ceramic paint palette collection
about the collaboration
A unique collection of handmade ceramic paint palettes made with an exquisite white porcelain clay with plant and birds motifs, perfect for all your watercolor painting needs.
This handmade ceramic palette collection is a collaboration between ceramic artist, Jaspreet and watercolor artist and author, Jovy Merryl. The meeting of two artistic minds has resulted in the creation of these unique and beautiful palettes which are not just a collector’s dream but are also functional.
The design, created by Jaspreet, is inspired by Jovy’s paintings where she captures nature and its elements in a mesmerising blend of colours and strokes. While the functional aspects of the palettes have been incorporated based on Jovy Merryl’s vast experience in painting with watercolor.
The collection is made of porcelain clay with a natural white color which has been fired twice with maximum temperature reaching 1200 celsius. The final layer of transparent glaze ensures that the surface is waterproof (it is in fact food safe) and perfect for you to mix and blend your colors to create your own masterpiece.
• Each palette is crafted by hand and is one-of-a- kind
• It has its own personality, variability and perfect imperfections
• Designed and made in Singapore
about ceramics by Jas
‘Ceramics by Jas’ is a handmade ceramic company based in Singapore. The artist behind the brand is Jaspreet. She’s a hand builder and believes in creating pottery as a form of functional art- a form of beauty and elegance to be enjoyed every single day.
A wanderer at heart, a lot of her work is inspired by her travels across Europe. She enjoys playing with colours and textures and creating simple everyday functional items which are a treat to the senses- to see, hold and use.
- White Nights Dot Cards of Jovy Merryl’s favourite colors
- Small Round Mixing Plate
- Cheat Sheet of Jovy Merryl’s Favorite Watercolor Mixes
Frequently Asked Questions
Ceramics by Jas use only stoneware clay and porcelain in my studio for making pottery. These are mid-range clays (fired to 1200 celsius) and perfect for daily use as they are stronger and less prone to breakage and damage. The glazes used are all 100% lead free and food safe.
Yes, the collection are 100% lead-free and food-safe.
The Collection is made with cone 5 stoneware or porcelain clay which is more resistant to breakage.
To retain the quality of your piece and ensure longevity, hand-washing with a non-abrasive cloth or sponge in soapy water is recommended. However, the products are dishwasher and microwave safe. Avoid placing in extreme hot or cold environments such as oven or freezer as this may cause thermal shock and result in fragility and cracking and/or breakage.
Yes, we offer international shipping.
Shipping options are available for you at checkout. You can select your preferred shipping method and the order will be shipped accordingly.
The first batch of the collection is limited.